You’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Arthritis In Spine
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type go to our site to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Arthritis In Spine FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for some time by putting on the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Arthritis In Spine