You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Arthritis In Lower Back
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Arthritis In Lower Back FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Arthritis In Lower Back