If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Arthritis Canada
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Arthritis Canada FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Arthritis Canada