You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Arthritic Lower Back
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Arthritic Lower Back FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by using the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Arthritic Lower Back