If you’re looking of a mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Arthritic Joints
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type check out our website for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Arthritic Joints FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Arthritic Joints