You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Arthritic Hips
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds that have impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Arthritic Hips FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Arthritic Hips