You’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Apartment
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of different categories when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Apartment FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Apartment