So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For An Adjustable Bed Canada
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For An Adjustable Bed Canada FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress a few months by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For An Adjustable Bed Canada