You’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Allergies To Dust Mites
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Allergies To Dust Mites FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Allergies To Dust Mites