If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For All Sleeping Positions
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For All Sleeping Positions FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For All Sleeping Positions