If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Airbnb Rental
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Airbnb Rental FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress several months by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Airbnb Rental