If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Airbnb 2021
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Airbnb 2021 FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Airbnb 2021