So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but have no idea what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Adjustable Frames
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Adjustable Frames FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Adjustable Frames