So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Adjustable Bed Reviews
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! The top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Adjustable Bed Reviews FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Adjustable Bed Reviews