So you’re in the market for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Adjustable Bed Australia
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Adjustable Bed Australia FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by putting on a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Adjustable Bed Australia