You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Adjustable Bed 2022
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Adjustable Bed 2022 FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Adjustable Bed 2022