You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Achy Joints
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Achy Joints FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Achy Joints