You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Aches And Pains
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Aches And Pains FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for several months by adding a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Aches And Pains