If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For A Person With A Bad Back
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For A Person With A Bad Back FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by using the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For A Person With A Bad Back