If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For A Daybed
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For A Daybed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by putting on the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For A Daybed