You’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For A Child
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For A Child FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For A Child