You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For A Camper
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For A Camper FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by using a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For A Camper