You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For A Bad Lower Back
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For A Bad Lower Back FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For A Bad Lower Back