You’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For A Bad Back
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For A Bad Back FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For A Bad Back