You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For A Back Sleeper
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! The best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For A Back Sleeper FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For A Back Sleeper