If you’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For A 3 Year Old
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For A 3 Year Old FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For A 3 Year Old