You’re looking of a mattress but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For $600
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For $600 FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by using a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For $600