You’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For 6 Year Old
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For 6 Year Old FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For 6 Year Old