So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For $500
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For $500 FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For $500