So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For 500 Pound Person
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For 500 Pound Person FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For 500 Pound Person