If you’re looking of a mattress but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For 500 Lb Person
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For 500 Lb Person FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For 500 Lb Person