So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For 300 Lbs
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For 300 Lbs FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For 300 Lbs