If you’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For 200 Lb Person
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from a cushion of comfort foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For 200 Lb Person FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For 200 Lb Person