So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For $1000
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! The best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For $1000 FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For $1000