So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Deals For Memorial Day
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress Deals For Memorial Day FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress a few months by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Deals For Memorial Day