You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Deals For Lower Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress Deals For Lower Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Deals For Lower Back Pain