So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Brands For The Money
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress Brands For The Money FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for some time by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Brands For The Money