You’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress Brand For Back Support
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress Brand For Back Support FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Brand For Back Support