So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mail Order Mattress For Side Sleeper
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk some details about how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mail Order Mattress For Side Sleeper FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by using an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mail Order Mattress For Side Sleeper