You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Latex Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Latex Mattress For Lower Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Latex Mattress For Lower Back Pain