So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Latex Mattress For Hot Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type go to our site to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Latex Mattress For Hot Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Latex Mattress For Hot Sleepers