You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Kingsdown Mattress For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from the cushion of comfort foam filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body check out our website for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Kingsdown Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Kingsdown Mattress For Side Sleepers