You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top King Size Mattress For The Money
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type check out our website for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds with impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top King Size Mattress For The Money FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top King Size Mattress For The Money