If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top King Size Mattress For Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top King Size Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top King Size Mattress For Side Sleepers