You’re looking of a mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top King Size Mattress For Platform Bed
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type check out our website for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top King Size Mattress For Platform Bed FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by using an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top King Size Mattress For Platform Bed