So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top King Size Mattress For Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top King Size Mattress For Back Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress several months by using a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top King Size Mattress For Back Pain