If you’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top King Size Mattress For Adjustable Bed
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top King Size Mattress For Adjustable Bed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top King Size Mattress For Adjustable Bed