If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top King Mattress For Side Sleeper
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top King Mattress For Side Sleeper FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress several months by using a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top King Mattress For Side Sleeper