So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top King Mattress For Platform Bed
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top King Mattress For Platform Bed FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top King Mattress For Platform Bed