You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top King Koil Mattress For Side Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure at low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Also made with a phase change material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top King Koil Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top King Koil Mattress For Side Sleepers